Monday 22 February 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Earth

When I first saw this Every Inchie Monday word as the challenge I thought of earth as in soil, then I put earth into Google and loads of images came up of Earth as a globe and I thought "Oh yes! That's probably what is meant because of it being from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (although there was a lot of earth moved in trying to knock down Arthur's House!)  So the problem was how to do Earth as a globe floating in space on an inch in embroidery and try as I would I couldn't make it work so I chickened out and ended up doing earth as in a cross section showing the soil with roots and the grass and sky! 

But then I was fiddling about in my craft room and I came across some dark spotty material and some Moda fabric and part of it really looked like the Earth - so I bit the bullet and did another one!!  Strange one to do two on but there you go!!  Please click the link to see everyone else's fine work and isn't it nice to see the sun again today?  Hooray because I really am fed up with being wet!!

8 comments:

  1. I love both of them, the fabric really looks like the earth, and the soil one is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them, the fabric really looks like the earth, and the soil one is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that you did an inchie of the earth as a cross section. Some words just don't allow for a lot of creativity, so I am happy when someone jumps a little further than the obvious. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cross section of the earth what an awesome take on the theme! Also love the colors on the fabric, glad you did 2 of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. great inchies - love the cross section of earth - fabulous idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny that! I thought of a cross section of the ground but I chose to the globe route as I knew I already had an image I could use.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great pair of inchies and both very different

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like both of your inchies. I like it when words have different meanings, that gives us a lot ideas to play.

    ReplyDelete