Monday 11 July 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Rain

Well a very apt Challenge word on Every Inchie Monday this week!  It has poured down all last week and was still raining when we left!  Believe it or not I am now in France and hooray although the forecast was rain - it is actually hot and sunny!  Even when we flew here yesterday it was from  a very rainy Birmingham but when we arrived in Bergerac it was like stepping into an oven - so lovely after all that rain!! And after an hour in the car - what a lovely journey through the hills of the Lot valley - we were able to sit out in the sun during the afternoon and swim it was gorgeous.  So my inspiration for this one was a painting by Annette Spinks called Melbourne Rain - Under the Umbrella - I loved it and thought to me it really depicts rain!! I used an off cut of pretty turquoise rayon that was my bridesmaids dress that I wore to my sisters wedding 51 years ago!!! (Of course in those days we made everything ourselves!! And of course I still have the material left over in my stash!)  This actually is quite pertinent to this week's blog as I am actually staying with my sister who now lives in France!! Well the rest is obvious - some black material for the umbrella and person and silver thread for rain - on such a small piece of work you can only do so much otherwise it gets too crowded but it's my interpretation of this painting. (Unfortunately the colour is muted in the photograph - in flesh it is more turquoise than the photo shows)



Hope your day gets better weather-wise and the rest of the week is sunny.  Thanks for visiting and all your comments, it's so nice to read them all.

5 comments:

  1. great choice of subject for your inchie - love how you have created it - send some of the rain my way - very dry in southern ontario lately

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! Looks like needlefelting in dark grey & ecru on my screen - very nice! Enjoy that southern French sunshine whilst you can, I'm heading towards the Alps for my share of the great yellow orb & will be there Friday:-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inchie..have a good time.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you in France, it's flipping awful here. Fabulous inchie.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the depth of your inchie, so many layers. Great!

    ReplyDelete