Thursday 12 September 2013

Every Inchie Monday - Car

Gosh I've been away for over two weeks and it's quite hard to get back into the normal procedure, plus we've come back from France with my daughter, who has been taken straight into hospital with acute ear ache, so rather a lot on my mind - hence the late inchie.  However back to Monday or rather it's Thursday now!  But the subject for Every Inchie Monday this week is Car and being on holiday reminded me of where we were this time last year which was Canada and Alaska and on this Monday last year we actually went up Grouse Mountain in Vancouver in what they call a Gondola, which is actually a cable car, and so I thought this would be a rather different interpretation of car!! I selected fabrics that seemed to convey sky, tops of mountains and greenery, using the pinking sheared edge as the tree tops, and a light orange shape for the base of the cable car - (this is actually like one I went in years ago as a child in Switzerland) - then I took a deeper coloured thread and embroidered over the fabric where I thought there would be shade, leaving the lighter area sun drenched. So here is my cable car complete with mountains and trees.  Wishing everyone a happy September and please click the link to see what other talented people have done.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic inchie Jenny, love your interpretation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! what an ingenious take on the theme!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a FANTASTIC inchie - that is just brilliant. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful fabric inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have just been noseying around your blog and just LOVE your inchies - haven't got time to comment on each individual one but have to say - you are so so creative. Thank you for sharing them all with us and giving us some inspiration too - I used to love sewing and feeling now that I have to get back to it - so thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete