Monday 25 November 2013

Every Inchie Monday - Rope

Monday again!  Don't they come round quickly!? Only 4 Monday's to go till Christmas!!  And today we were putting the lights up outside as it was such a lovely day - bright sunshine and still - no wind at all.  You bet your life if we leave it till nearer December it will be blowing a hooley, cascading water from the skies or freezing cold and covered in white stuff!!  So we have our lights up but not switched on yet I hasten to add!! So Rope .... I had real problems with this one - could only think of a boat with a rope holding it fast - or an anchor rope but so difficult to portray on an inch square in embroidery!!  Course I could have done a hangman's noose but I thought that was a bit morbid!!  But then half way through the day - when I was at the top of the ladder putting on the lights - goodness knows where it came from but I thought of "skipping rope"!  And so here below is my mini skipping rope on a one inch square!  Hope you like it and please check out all the other inchies on Every Inchie Monday by clicking the link.  Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

  1. I love this one. Great way to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea! Those handles arre so cool :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little skipping rope, great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was my favorite!!! My daughter is TRYING to do the jumprope, at age 3! It's so funny to watch her, but then when I tried (I won't say how long it's been since I've done that) but I was laughing even harder at myself!!! Whew!! I really liked this!! :0) Peace be yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your skipping rope, brilliantly done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your idea and how you created your inchie. I love to use skipping ropes.

    ReplyDelete