Wednesday 10 May 2017

Every Inchie Monday - Flamingo


This week on Every Inchie Monday the challenge word is Flamingo. Such a beautiful bird but quite a big one to get on an inch!! I've been busy clearing the attic out and so my crafting has had to take a back seat plus it's been beautiful weather so I've been trying to fit in a bit of gardening too and on top of that I went down with a horrid head cold on Saturday and have been fighting it ever since so I am absolutely amazed that I managed to get this week's Inchie done! In fact I prepped it on Monday when I was feeling a bit better and having come in from the garden exhausted and very hot, as it's a beautiful day today, I was sat thinking I might as well sew my flamingo and before long she was done and I feel really relaxed and satisfied! A few weeks ago when I was visiting a friend at Portishead we drove to a nearby village where there was a lovely haberdashery shop and I bought this gorgeous coloured metallic thread which I decided to use for the water. I think it's quite effective and blends with the pink of the flamingo.  I've been dying to use it so bingo!!

 
Thanks for visiting and any comments you leave and enjoy the rest of the week. I now have three days of travelling London, Wales and Southampton!

 

5 comments:

  1. What a truly delightful stitched flamingo! I remember doing cross stitch with some of the Kreinick blending filaments, they are amazing for the results they give!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the thread choice is awesome. I love that your flamingo has movement. Glad it relaxed you. Just as a craft should do! Hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful flamingo. Beautiful colors it looks really natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love all the threads you have used. It even has proper flamingo legs which is more than you can about mine.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitched flamingo is just perfect, so very realistic and that multicoloured metallic thread is exactly right for the reflections in the water. Hope you are over your cold and have enjoyed your trip...it sounds as if the weather is lovely. Dixx

    ReplyDelete