Wednesday 30 August 2017

Every Inchie Monday - Gull and Jellfish

Well what a time we have had - I am afraid last week was spent travelling to a big funeral in Eastbourne, staying the night and then coming back and then off to Hove a few days later with so many things to do in between times I never got a chance to visit or post my blog.  So I missed last week's challenge which was Gull (which I will post beneath this weeks).  The challenge for this Monday was Jellyfish.  I racked my brains on how I was going to portray something see through in embroidery and whilst visiting my sister-in-law in Littlehampton last week she suggested a bubble from bubble wrap and so that is what I went with.  I embroidered the little round flower bit inside (which I don't think you can make out now!) and then did loads of tentacles sewing a bubble over the top of the head - it looks to me more like an octopus in shape and I realise that's because I didn't get it flat at the bottom - I tried to use a bigger bubble but it was too big - anyway I'd gone so far down the line this will have to be it!!



For Gull I had wanted to do Jonathan Livingstone Seagull because I just loved that book,  but the image was too big to put on an inch as it was one with wings spread.  So I managed to do a standing gull on a rock trying to get the flow of the feathers with the lines of stitching.

 I was sad to miss posting it as I couldn't do it via my phone - I usually do it on the main computer but I really don't know how to upload to my blog from the phone - One day I will learn!! 
I did make time on Sunday to make 2 cards, one for my daughter's Wedding Anniversary, I fancied doing a sewn one, and one for a very good friend who has a chicken farm! I thought you might like to see my efforts!


Anyway hope you are all having lovely holidays or at least relaxing.  Thank you so much for visiting and any comments you leave and make sure you visit the other inchie makers wonderful creations by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. Great inchies, love the seagull especially. Fine enough thread for the jellyfish tentacles isn't easy, mine is mostly sewing or embroidery thread. As we are on the Isle of Skye at the moment, I can't check it. I hope things are calming down for you, any luck with the house yet ?
    love Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I like the jellyfish, you went right out of the box with that one and I love the translucency the little bubble gives the project but your seagull is just wonderfully stitched...JLS remains one of my favourite reads too! Your cards will be much appreciated, Hope your busy life settles soon, Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun jellyfish and a wonderful seagull!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete