Monday 16 October 2017

Eery Inchie Monday - Bear and Deer

I tried to get my deer on last Monday and we couldn't link!! - then I was away without any internet!!!  So by the time I got home I thought I might as well wait till today to link it with my bear.  So today's challenge for EIM is Bear.  When I was a child my mother and I used to go everywhere by walking to the train station and then getting on a train.  Whilst waiting for the train we always used to play I Spy with my Little Eye something beginning with ... and whilst playing this game we would suck Foxes Glacier mints.  Mother always used to have a packet in her handbag and so this week's challenge is a tribute to her.  In case you've never seen the logo for Foxes Glacier mints I will include a picture and then my version as an inchie!!  I'm afraid his nose almost got cut off as it protruded over the edge of the inchie base which is why he looks a bit funny in the face!!

 
It is so easy to see the discrepancies when enlarged in a photo, but when you are working with fabric that is not a very fine weave it becomes quite difficult to cut small details without it fraying!!
 
And so we come to last week's inchie challenge which was Deer and so I thought I'd do a little Bambi lying in the grass!



We have very high winds at the moment from Hurricane Ophelia and I am worried the power will go off before I complete this so I am madly trying to get this online before that happens.  Hope none of you are suffering from the power of this wind.  I have already got quite a selection of starting wood that has been brought down across our drive!!  At least we will be warm but then it is 18 degrees outside - in October - what is the world coming to - and this morning was very strange, dark at 10:30 and the street lights had come on in the town - I had a message from my daughter and a picture of the sky - very dark and brooding and someone said the sun was red this morning too - good thing it's not Halloween yet!! I  have battened down the hatches and made sure all windows are closed so fingers crossed there will be no damage - Please don't forget to visit the other inchie makers fabulous work by clicking the link here.  Thanks for dropping by and any comments you leave.

5 comments:

  1. What fun to have a Foxes Glacier mints bear as your inchie and last week's deer is very sweet :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely memory from your childhood, thanks for sharing it...I haven't heard of Foxes mints, but I love the graphic logo and how you have interpreted it onto your inchie. I agree regarding the photography...it always startles me how many tiny flaws appear once the photograph is resized and cropped! Your tiny fawn is beautifully depicted...your embroidery skill in choosing the threads and getting the texture just right is amazing. We are having very unseasonable weather here too...28C yesterday, 31C today, smoke from bush fires very apparent...when we are normally having cold wind, rain and occasional snow in the highlands right through until December...hope you don't have too much damage with the wind, it can be very scary...Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both inchies! They are beautiful! Your little deer looks so sweet all curled up and sleeping. Hope the weather was kind to you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all is well with you. Your inchie is so cute. Your little bear on the candy reminded me of some chocolates I used to love as a child. They were so good and had a cool taste to them. I think they had a bear on the wrapper. Love the stitched piece. I dont know how you do it! Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inchies Jenny, My mum and dad used to have glacier mints, especially after they gave up smoking. Just back from a trade show with Karen, hence late comment. Hope all is well, when are you coming over ???
    Love Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete