Tuesday 3 January 2017

Every Inchie Monday 2017 - Rabbit

Hey everyone - Happy New Year.  I couldn't get my inchie done for yesterday as I still had a houseful of guests but at last we are on our own and I was able to sit and do my first inchie of 2017 this afternoon.  I did a rabbit coming out of a hat last year for 3D - shame I couldn't use that!  However years ago when my 30 year old was a babe I made her a pair of needlecord dungarees and did a motif on the bib of three little rabbits in something called linear embroidery which you can do on any striped fabric or needlecord or courdroy.  Basically you sew in the ditch either split stitch or chain stitch.  Now when I originally did it my little bunnies were about two inchies so there was much more definition and here I have tried to do it on an inch!!!  Not so obvious but having gone down that route or as Magnus Magnusson used to say "I've started so I'll finish" that was the case with me - so what I've done will stick now!  There are some superb little rabbits so please go visit the other inchie makers works of art by clicking here.  But here is my little fellow.


Thanks for any comments you leave I really like hearing from you.

6 comments:

  1. Very ambitious rabbit to fit into an inch! Well done 👍🏻

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your little chap is very well done...a sort of "essence of rabbit"...Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that - essence of rabbit! Yes I think you're right!!

      Delete
  3. such an inventive inchie, how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an inventive inchie, how cool!

    ReplyDelete