Monday 8 July 2013

Every Inchie Monday - Story

The title of this Monday's Inchie on Every Inchie Monday is Story and I thought immediately of my daughter's favourite - Cinderella!  I felt that a glass slipper, a pumpkin and a wand would portray this story, but how to achieve it!! - on an inch square!!  I strated with a piece of pure white fabric as I always think of Cinder's ball gown as being white - although it looks pale blue in the picture! Actually having laid out the beads to try and get a slipper they sewed on pretty well but the pumpkin was a different matter and the green thread to portray tendrils and wheels of the "coach" as an after thought actually made it look so much better.  Sewing the word Cinderella was fiddley but having drawn a wand on in my sketch I didn't think I'd have room to sew one on but it looked lost without it so I threw caution to the wind, loaded my needle with gold thread and went for it!!  I really like it now!


6 comments:

  1. Brilliant, love it. The slipper is a really clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful. I love the way you've built the glass slipper out of beads. That's inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the whole thing. cant believe that you got the pumpkin on it & I love the beaded slipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! It's such a great job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete