Monday 11 April 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Fish

Fish is a prominent word in our household as we have two aquariums plus a big pond with koi carp and two outdoor natural ponds with newts and frogs!  My 16 month old granddaughter can say dada and muma and ganda (granddad) and nana but after that it's all gobbledygook except after her last visit with us when we took her to feed the koi carp - now she puts her hands out and says "ish, ish" in other words she wants to go feed the fish! Her first proper word!  Anyway for Every Inchie Monday this week's word is fish and I opted to take the word in its context in the book, and so this is supposed to be the moment when Ford Prefect slipped the Babel Fish into Arthur's ear so he could understand the aliens - I wish there really was such a thing, I would love to be able to understand all languages everywhere!  Hope you have a lovely week even though we've been forecast rain ALL week!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the fish in the ear - so true to the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could certainly do with a Babel Fish for some languages, French is no problem & I get by in Italian & Spanish but my German is so rusty it clanks & my Arabic is just about as dried up as the Sahara desert....nice interpretation with the inchie & im delighted to hear that the star ceiling is such a big hit :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous inchie, I had no idea where it came in the book, so I learnt something today.
    You need to come over for a craft day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your inchie, I did not see the side of the face at first! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great translation (HA!!!) of the inchie word of the week. Have a brilliant day! CHeryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great translation (HA!!!) of the inchie word of the week. Have a brilliant day! CHeryl

    ReplyDelete