Wednesday 6 April 2016

Every Inchie Monday - Grandmother


 
This Monday's challenge word for Every Inchie Monday is Grandmother and brings to mind a rather idealistic picture of a little old lady with white hair in a bun sitting in a rocking chair with a shawl on knitting!!  How hard can that be?  I went at it with gusto believing I could sew the whole picture on an inch with tiny neat stitches!!  What was I thinking?  I should have just gone with the head!  Anyway this is the result, she's rather a scruffy looking nana!!  Please visit other marvellous inchies by clicking the link.

4 comments:

  1. This is just adorable Jenny! We all have this vision of grandmas that knit in rocking chairs but I wonder how many of them really did, one of mine did knit but not in a rocker & the other was a seamstress - not sure quite how my grandchildren envision me though.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. incredible stitching in such a tiny space - well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, you have managed to get a lot of sewing into your inch. I don't think she looks untidy, just very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her! She is nice, warm and well loved looking

    ReplyDelete