Tuesday 7 March 2017

EMI - Duck

So this week's challenge word on Every Inchie Monday is Duck and although I was going to do a little yellow bath tub duck with a red bill I decided to challenge myself and went for a male mallard duck!  Very colourful!  I knew I had a very shiny green rayon embroidery thread which I thought I could use.  It was quite a difficult thing putting it onto an inch square, however I tried a new technique today - well I made it up but I've never done this before!  I found a piece of variegated blue material which looked like water and I have some plain linen strips left over from leg waxing!!!  So I drew the duck onto this having put some bondaweb behind it and coloured the duck in with pro-markers then cut it out and ironed it on!!  It looked pretty good just like that but I did want to embroider it so I just embroidered over the top of the colours I'd marked out - it was really enjoyable and I think worked.  I also left the tail feathers free and wet them to bring them into a peak for the tail peak.  Here is my duck:



We have an arduous time ahead of us now, a very dear old friend's very unexpected funeral on Thursday, a 6 hour drive away, so we are leaving tomorrow to stay with mutual friends to go down together on Thursday morning.  Then would you believe it my husband is working at a hotel very nearby the next day for lunch so it has saved us two long 12 hour round trips.  With the same drive back in Friday afternoon/evening traffic it will probably be midnight before we get home!  I just hate being sat in the car for that long!  So I shall enjoy a relaxing weekend.  Hope your week will be nicer than mine. Thanks for visiting my blog and for any comments you leave.

5 comments:

  1. Your duck is fabulous, great technique as well. Bondaweb is brilliant for fraying type fabrics. You do realise you are a day early for your inchie Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha-ha, I know but I had to do it today or not till Saturday and that is too late!! Hopefully I'll be able to do next week's Heron then!

      Delete
  2. Your little stitched duck is just wonderful, so much lovely texture and detail...take care with all that driving. Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mallard and the technique you used. I do love the tail feathers. My condolences for the lose of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely blue for this great inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete